Note: I've switched to using the Palm App Catalog to distribute Ampache Mobile, mostly because I want to win some money. The application can now be installed by clicking this link from your phone... Install
- Configurable from 1 to 5 songs
- Near gapless playback, provided you have enough bandwidth.
- This is true buffer ahead, using system RAM.
- Intelligent buffer selection, attempts to provide seamless playback with no downloading break between tracks.
- Many workarounds for bugs in webOS, don't think many people have attempted to use webOS in this way.
- Auto Detection of changes in network coverage and buffer stalls
- Auto Detection of buffers lost due to device sleep
- I've done my best to make this stable without transcoding, but it really shines when you enable it with transcoding.
- Settings in the Accounts Settings Page
- Updated the error reporting to follow the new audio API
Artists and Albums List Caching
- Saves a local copy of your entire albums and artists lists, load times are ridiculous!
- Auto detects when a change to your server occurs and re-saves the lists. Note: if you have auto scanning enabled on your server this will cause the list to re-download after every scan.
- Only applies to full Albums and Artist lists, everything else still goes against the server.
- Updated account editor to reflect how many saved items you have
New Icon and Splash Screen
It still pays homage to the people at the Ampache project, aka it features their squirrel logo but I hope you agree with me, it looks a lot better on the phone.
So a big thanks to Globex Designs, Inc. for the new icon and splash screen.
- Figured out how to use the Shift and Sym Keys, updated the controls popup with changes.
- Lowered the search character limit to 2.
- Redesign of the Accounts Editor page to accommodate all the new options.
- Added a whole more shuffle to the playlist shuffle.
- Changed repeat list once to repeat song.
- Banner notifications where they felt right.
- Shuffling a list now displays the list in the order playback will occur.
- Banner Notifications of new songs when you are looking at another app. Will not wake up screen if its asleep.
- Go straight to songs view from artists if there is only one album
- Fixed date selector CSS so its no longer black on black with palm-dark
- Added work around for %20 (spaces) in song URL issue. If you have been having trouble streaming enable it in the Account Editor