Thursday, October 29, 2009

Ampache Mobile 0.7.0

I'm really excited about this release. Hope everyone likes it as much as I do.


Version 0.7.0 (Beta)

  • New Feature: Now Playing
    • Any list of songs can be enqueued onto the end of the current playlist
    • Tap and Hold a song to add just that song
    • Delete the now playing list from any scene
    • TODO: Build a playlist editor to remove items from a list

    image

     

    • New Feature: Random Music 
      • Shuffle all Songs NOTE: This is using an documented method from the Ampache Server and does not allow for retrieval of song information.
      • Random Album Selector cover-flow like to allow random browsing
      • Artist, Albums, Songs of the moment lists

    image

    • New Feature: Redesign of progress indicator for loading content, works the same as the web browser and you can cancel while loading at any point.
    • New Feature: Added the ability to e-mail the xml from problem tracks with corrupted tags to enable easier debug
    • Improvement: Auto restart stalled stream after 20 seconds of stalled state.
    • Improvement: Optimized all images included in the ipk making for a much smaller download.
      • NOTE: If you are using the included backgrounds you will need to reset
        your settings.
    • Improvement: Modified all icons to have the same look and feel.
    • Improvement: Spinner on now playing scene is now in the command menu and not covering up the cover art.
    • Improvement: Made restarting a partially downloaded list optional, button click continues download
    • Improvement: Removed all scene transitions makes the app much faster
    • Improvement: Fixed the buffering indicator
      • Can now move the slider outside the buffered part of a song and it will start the download from the point you dropped
      • If the start of the buffer has been deleted by the audio service it will now be displayed
      • Fixed the issue where it would resize itself and make the now playing screen jump around
    • Bug Fix: Added code to remove bad characters resulting in "Unicode error" on the application side

    1 comment:

    1. Great work so far on this app. I can say with 100% certainty that this will probably always be my most frequently used app for my Palm Pre.

      Whether it's during my 30 minute drive to college each day (gotta love unlimited data plans), or when I'm farting around the house and connected to my server through my wireless router, this app is simply outstanding.

      Whenever I get around to posting on my blog again I'm probably going to post an entry about the apps I'm using for my phone. Yours will feature prominently.

      Keep up the great work.

      ReplyDelete